Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Land Between the Lakes
Fri April 13, 2012
LBL Area Supervisor Bill Lisowski Discusses Budget Cuts at the Park
The Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area could see a change in services in the coming months as federal maintenance funds for the park are cut in half. At a public meeting last night, Forest Service officials met with area residents to determine what park users don't want to lose... and what they can live without. LBL Area Supervisor Bill Lisowski says the cuts were made to the park maintenance account. Lisowski says the maintenance fund covers everything in the park from roadwork to campsite upkeep. He says the public meetings will help LBL officials decide where to increase fees and reduce services over the next few years. The second of the four meetings will be at Historic Cherokee at Kenlake State Resort Park Saturday afternoon from 12 to 2.