Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed May 29, 2013
Laynie Mitchell on the Importance of Early Childhood Music Education
Chad Lampe speaks with Laynie Mitchell about the importance of early childhood music education. Mitchell is Choir Director at Murray High School and an adjunct faculty member at Murray State University. She is offering a 4-week early childhood music class this summer on Thursdays in June at First Presbyterian Church in Murray. Classes start at 9 am. and cost $40. In the course overview, she writes, "In order to be fully developed individuals, all children should receive music instruction. Also music instruction received at an early age will make the greatest difference in terms of life-long music learning. The younger a child is immersed in an appropriate music environment, the better." Contact Laynie Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 270-761-4804.