Most Active Stories
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Carson Myre Series: Clark Elementary Choir Holiday Presentation
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Wed May 29, 2013
Laynie Mitchell on the Importance of Early Childhood Music Education
Chad Lampe speaks with Laynie Mitchell about the importance of early childhood music education. Mitchell is Choir Director at Murray High School and an adjunct faculty member at Murray State University. She is offering a 4-week early childhood music class this summer on Thursdays in June at First Presbyterian Church in Murray. Classes start at 9 am. and cost $40. In the course overview, she writes, "In order to be fully developed individuals, all children should receive music instruction. Also music instruction received at an early age will make the greatest difference in terms of life-long music learning. The younger a child is immersed in an appropriate music environment, the better." Contact Laynie Mitchell at email@example.com, or at 270-761-4804.