Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Wed March 20, 2013
Lawyers Lose Portion of 2.5 Million Dollar TennCare Legal Fees
A federal appeals court has struck down a significant portion of the $2.5 million in legal fees awarded to attorneys who have represented TennCare patients in a year-long fight with Tennessee.
The 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals on said today attorneys should not have been awarded fees on several billed items, including such things as meetings with state lawmakers and doing work on a separate case which involved the same issues. The case concerned the rights of TennCare patients who were appealing being denied health-care services.