Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Wed March 20, 2013
Lawyers Lose Portion of 2.5 Million Dollar TennCare Legal Fees
A federal appeals court has struck down a significant portion of the $2.5 million in legal fees awarded to attorneys who have represented TennCare patients in a year-long fight with Tennessee.
The 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals on said today attorneys should not have been awarded fees on several billed items, including such things as meetings with state lawmakers and doing work on a separate case which involved the same issues. The case concerned the rights of TennCare patients who were appealing being denied health-care services.