Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue June 19, 2012
Lawmakers Return Special Session Pay
Two Kentucky lawmakers are refusing pay for a weeklong special legislative session held earlier this year.
Democratic state Representatives Tom Riner and Jim Wayne were the only lawmakers out of 138 serving in the House and Senate who refunded their salaries and expenses, totaling $7,000. Governor Steve Beshear called lawmakers back to Frankfort in April to pass a $4.5 billion transportation budget after they failed to do so during a regular legislative session that spanned nearly four months. Lawmakers met for five additional days in late April to finish their work, costing taxpayers more than $300,000.