Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Mon June 18, 2012
Lawmakers Host Jobs Hearing in Tennessee
Republican lawmakers are hosting a conference in Tennessee aimed at loosening federal regulations they say hinder job growth.
The congressional field hearing is being conducted by the U.S. House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam and U.S. Senators Lamar Alexander and Bob Corker are set to testify today.