Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
2012 General Assembly
Thu March 15, 2012
Lawmakers Consider Immigrant Benefit Bill
A bill intended to keep illegal immigrants from getting Kentucky welfare benefits is up for a state Senate committee vote today. Republican Senator Mike Wilson is sponsoring the legislation requiring welfare applicants to present proof of U.S. citizenship. Without that proof, applicants would be ineligible for government benefits.