Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
2012 General Assembly
Thu March 15, 2012
Lawmakers Consider Immigrant Benefit Bill
A bill intended to keep illegal immigrants from getting Kentucky welfare benefits is up for a state Senate committee vote today. Republican Senator Mike Wilson is sponsoring the legislation requiring welfare applicants to present proof of U.S. citizenship. Without that proof, applicants would be ineligible for government benefits.