Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu May 23, 2013
LATA Suspends Summer Layoffs for 30 Days
LATA Environmental Services of Kentucky is suspending planned layoffs of up to 145 workers for 30 days.
The suspension of layoffs, originally set to begin June 3, comes after the Department of Energy has submitted a reprogramming request to Congress. The request could result in more federal funding for LATA, and a restructuring or reduction of the planned layoffs.
LATA Kentucky Project Manager Mark Duff said he is optimistic LATA will receive enough funding to continue their planned work through fiscal year 2013, and delay layoffs until 2014.
LATA has been contracted for clean-up at the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant since November 2010.