Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue April 1, 2014
Calvin and Zatera Spencer Have Midas Touch
Originally published on Tue April 1, 2014 7:23 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Our last word in business is an old saying: Sooner or later, everybody's luck evens out.
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
It's impressive that saying has lasted so long - given so much evidence that it isn't true. Consider the story of Calvin and Zatera Spencer, they won the lottery three times in less than a month.
INSKEEP: The Spencers won a million dollars playing the lottery in March. They also won another million dollars.
GREENE: And they picked up an extra 50,000 bucks in a daily drawing.
INSKEEP: Now the Spencers say they're not done. They're going to try again. But this might be a good time to recall that other saying about quitting while you're ahead.
That's the business news on MORNING EDITION, from NPR News. I'm Steve Inskeep.
GREENE: And I'm David Greene. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.