Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri October 11, 2013
Large Tire Company Could Invest in Clarksville
The world’s seventh-largest tire company could be investing in middle Tennessee, according to the Korean Yonhap News Agency.
Senior officials at South Korean-based Hankook Tire Company are set to meet with U.S. officials in Tennessee this month to sign a memorandum of understanding for a new tire plant near Nashville.
Clarksville city officials are staying quiet, but the Clarksville Leaf-Chronicle reports a recent Brookings Institute survey put the city on the map for up to a $700 million plant and more than 1,000 direct jobs.
According to the news agency, last-minute negotiations are still ongoing with Tennessee, but it seems clear the 10-million-unit-capacity plant will find its home in the state.