Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Murray Holds Special Ties for Likely Next Host of 'A Prairie Home Companion'
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Polls: Republicans Lead All of Kentucky's Statewide Races; Paul Tops GOP Presidential Hopefuls
- Convoy Tours Controversial Areas at Land Between the Lakes
Fri October 11, 2013
Large Tire Company Could Invest in Clarksville
The world’s seventh-largest tire company could be investing in middle Tennessee, according to the Korean Yonhap News Agency.
Senior officials at South Korean-based Hankook Tire Company are set to meet with U.S. officials in Tennessee this month to sign a memorandum of understanding for a new tire plant near Nashville.
Clarksville city officials are staying quiet, but the Clarksville Leaf-Chronicle reports a recent Brookings Institute survey put the city on the map for up to a $700 million plant and more than 1,000 direct jobs.
According to the news agency, last-minute negotiations are still ongoing with Tennessee, but it seems clear the 10-million-unit-capacity plant will find its home in the state.