Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Land Between the Lakes
Fri March 7, 2014
Land Between the Lakes Reopens Tomorrow
On Saturday, March 8, Land Between The Lakes National Recreation Area will reopen to the public after a week long closure caused by icy weather.
LBL's Golden Pond Visitor Center, North and South Welcome Stations; Energy Lake, Hillman, Piney, and Wranglers campgrounds; as well as the Elk & Bison Prairie, Golden Pond Planetarium, Homeplace Interpretive Center, and Woodlands Nature Station, will re-open to the public with two exceptions: The Homeplace farm site and Turkey Bay Off-Highway Vehicle Area will remain closed.
The 1pm Ft. Henry Anniversary program will take place inside the Homeplace Interpretive Center on Saturday, but the 3pm Ft. Henry Trail walk has been cancelled. For other LBL programs, check LBL’s calendar of events at www.lbl.org/CALGate.asp
The LBL main roads are clear of ice and snow, but many other roads have not been treated and still have several slick spots. Please drive slowly and use caution when driving on any LBL road. Staff recommends that the public wait to visit until at least mid-morning, at the earliest on Saturday. This will allow for more of the ice and snow to melt and minimize travel issues.