Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri November 1, 2013
Lamkin Running for Calloway County Attorney
Longtime Murray lawyer Rick Lamkin will run for Calloway County Attorney next year.
Sitting County Attorney David Harrington has held the post for 11 years. According to a representative in his office Harrington has not made up his mind regarding another run for the office.
Both men are Democrats and would compete in May’s primary election should Harrington decide to run again.
Lamkin has practiced law in Calloway County for 33 years, and is a member of the Calloway County Library board, as well West Kentucky Mentoring.
Earlier this year, a state audit of Harrington’s office found several issues with the handling of public funds.