Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Fri April 12, 2013
Lamar Alexander Raises $1M for Senate Re-election
U.S. Sen. Lamar Alexander has raised more than $1 million for his 2014 re-election campaign in the first quarter of the year.
Alexander's priorities include reducing the nation's debt by controlling spending on entitlements. He also says he wants to move more decisions out of Washington and back to states and communities.
The 72-year-old Tennessee Republican is in his second term in the senate. Alexander previously served two terms as Tennessee’s governor and is also a former U.S. education secretary and president of the University of Tennessee.