Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri April 12, 2013
Lamar Alexander Raises $1M for Senate Re-election
U.S. Sen. Lamar Alexander has raised more than $1 million for his 2014 re-election campaign in the first quarter of the year.
Alexander's priorities include reducing the nation's debt by controlling spending on entitlements. He also says he wants to move more decisions out of Washington and back to states and communities.
The 72-year-old Tennessee Republican is in his second term in the senate. Alexander previously served two terms as Tennessee’s governor and is also a former U.S. education secretary and president of the University of Tennessee.