Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Fri April 12, 2013
Lamar Alexander Raises $1M for Senate Re-election
U.S. Sen. Lamar Alexander has raised more than $1 million for his 2014 re-election campaign in the first quarter of the year.
Alexander's priorities include reducing the nation's debt by controlling spending on entitlements. He also says he wants to move more decisions out of Washington and back to states and communities.
The 72-year-old Tennessee Republican is in his second term in the senate. Alexander previously served two terms as Tennessee’s governor and is also a former U.S. education secretary and president of the University of Tennessee.