Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu August 30, 2012
Labor Day weekend will be construction-free in TN
Tennessee transportation officials say the state’s highways will be clear of construction over the Labor Day weekend. Transportation Commissioner John Schroer has ordered that construction stop by noon tomorrow and not resume until 6 a.m. Tuesday. Triple-A Auto Club South projects nearly 591,000 Tennesseans will travel by car this Labor Day holiday, an increase compared with last year's numbers. While roadwork will be halted, there still could be workers on the site of some construction zones, so officials say obeying lowered speed limits is still required. There will also be more police on duty over the holiday to enforce speed limits and sobriety. For up-to-date travel information, motorists can call 511 from any land line or cell phone or visit the Tennessee Department of Transportation's website.