Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Tue October 22, 2013
KYTC Secretary Elected President of National Transportation Association
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Secretary Mike Hancock has been elected president of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials.
The nonprofit association advocates for transportation-related policies and provides technical support to states in their efforts to safely move people and goods.
Hancock said he intends to use his one-year term to make sure Congress passes the next transportation reauthorization bill in 2014, as well as steering the industry toward innovative practices.
KYTC spokesman Chuck Wolfe said Hancock’s new position shouldn’t be construed as something that could help state transportation projects, like the development of I-69 through western Kentucky.