Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Tue October 22, 2013
KYTC Secretary Elected President of National Transportation Association
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Secretary Mike Hancock has been elected president of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials.
The nonprofit association advocates for transportation-related policies and provides technical support to states in their efforts to safely move people and goods.
Hancock said he intends to use his one-year term to make sure Congress passes the next transportation reauthorization bill in 2014, as well as steering the industry toward innovative practices.
KYTC spokesman Chuck Wolfe said Hancock’s new position shouldn’t be construed as something that could help state transportation projects, like the development of I-69 through western Kentucky.