Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet
Tue February 28, 2012
KYTC Inspector General Fired
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Inspector General David Ray has been fired. Ray tells The Courier-Journal he was surprised when Transportation Secretary Mike Hancock told him Friday he was being dismissed after about 8 years of service. Ray says he was not given a reason. The Inspector General’s office is the Transportation Cabinet’s investigative arm and the position is non-merit, meaning employees like Ray can be fired without cause. KYTC spokesman Chuck Wolfe says he can’t comment on the reason for the inspector general's dismissal.