Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu March 4, 2010
KY's Revenue Package
Frankfort, KY – The revenue package that will help support the budget shaped by Kentucky House leaders has cleared the chamber's Appropriations and Revenue Committee. The package, which raises $321 million over the biennium, passed 17-11. The bulk of the money will come from the business community, but budget chairman Rick Rand of Bedford makes no apologies.
"The last place we went was business. And I'm a little bit disappointed that they haven't come to us with any solutions. We met with the Chamber and other interest groups today and I asked them, If you don't like this, bring us a solution."
How the money will be appropriated will be in the budget bill, which is still being drafted. Committee action and a House floor vote on the budget is expected next week.