Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Thu March 28, 2013
KY's Feb. jobless rates fall in 2/3 of state
Kentucky’s February unemployment numbers show jobless rates fell in more than two-thirds of the state over the previous year. Rates either dropped or increased slightly in Purchase and Pennyrile counties. According to the Office of Employment and Training report released Thursday, only two western counties, Daviess and Union, were among the ten lowest in the state at just over seven percent. Fulton County was the fifth highest at almost sixteen percent. The national unemployment rate for February was eight point one.