Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu March 28, 2013
KY's Feb. jobless rates fall in 2/3 of state
Kentucky’s February unemployment numbers show jobless rates fell in more than two-thirds of the state over the previous year. Rates either dropped or increased slightly in Purchase and Pennyrile counties. According to the Office of Employment and Training report released Thursday, only two western counties, Daviess and Union, were among the ten lowest in the state at just over seven percent. Fulton County was the fifth highest at almost sixteen percent. The national unemployment rate for February was eight point one.