Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon December 16, 2013
Kynect Shows Strong Growth In Enrollees Since Thanksgiving
Kentucky’s health insurance exchange is reporting strong gains in new enrollees since Thanksgiving.
The Governor’s office released statistics late Friday afternoon showing Kynect had added 24,140 Kentuckians to a list of the newly insured. About 5,400 of those were added in the last week.
Although Kynect has been heralded as a national model for its functional website compared to its technically challenged federal equivalent, some 280,000 insured Kentuckians will still have to upgrade their existing “bare bones” health plans to accommodate higher insurance policy standards mandated by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Acts.
President Obama announced he would grant extensions for those with non-compliant plans to upgrade their plans by 2015.