Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon December 23, 2013
Kynect Enrollement Deadline at Midnight for January 1 Coverage
Updated: 1:27 p.m.
A deadline for Kentuckians to enroll in a health insurance plan through the state exchange is tomorrow.
Kentuckians will have until midnight tomorrow to sign up for a new health care policy through KYnect in order for the policy to take effect Jan. 1, 2014.
The Obama Administration announced this afternoon that the original deadline of midnight Monday would be extended through Dec. 24 due to anticipated high demand and enrollment across multiple time zones.
Those without insurance by the end of March 2014 will be assessed a tax penalty. So far, about 100,000 of an estimated 640,000 Kentuckians without health insurance have signed up for a policy through the state exchange. Kentuckians can continue to enroll until March 31.
More information can be found online at kynect.ky.gov.