Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon December 23, 2013
Kynect Enrollement Deadline at Midnight for January 1 Coverage
Updated: 1:27 p.m.
A deadline for Kentuckians to enroll in a health insurance plan through the state exchange is tomorrow.
Kentuckians will have until midnight tomorrow to sign up for a new health care policy through KYnect in order for the policy to take effect Jan. 1, 2014.
The Obama Administration announced this afternoon that the original deadline of midnight Monday would be extended through Dec. 24 due to anticipated high demand and enrollment across multiple time zones.
Those without insurance by the end of March 2014 will be assessed a tax penalty. So far, about 100,000 of an estimated 640,000 Kentuckians without health insurance have signed up for a policy through the state exchange. Kentuckians can continue to enroll until March 31.
More information can be found online at kynect.ky.gov.