Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Fri March 5, 2010
KY Unemployment in 2009
Frankfort, KY – State officials say Kentucky's annual unemployment rate for 2009 jumped to a 26-year high of 10.5%. That's the highest annual rate since 1983 when it was 11.3%. The Kentucky Education and Workforce Development Cabinet announced the rate yesterday. The US unemployment rate climbed to 9.3% last year, also making it the highest rate recorded since 1983 when it was 9.6%.