Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri March 5, 2010
KY Unemployment in 2009
Frankfort, KY – State officials say Kentucky's annual unemployment rate for 2009 jumped to a 26-year high of 10.5%. That's the highest annual rate since 1983 when it was 11.3%. The Kentucky Education and Workforce Development Cabinet announced the rate yesterday. The US unemployment rate climbed to 9.3% last year, also making it the highest rate recorded since 1983 when it was 9.6%.