Most Active Stories
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30th
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- TN Police Officer: Open Carry Gun Bill Hurts All of Us
Wed November 18, 2009
KY Unemployed May Receive Extended Benefits
Frankfort, KY – Unemployed Kentuckians may be eligible for extended unemployment insurance benefits. The extension runs up to 20 weeks, and the state Office of Employment and Training says it will first work on contacting those people who have already exhausted all 79 weeks of benefits. The agency says nearly 10,000 people in Kentucky fall into that category.
The state says people will receive a letter in the mail explaining the process they need to follow to apply for the additional benefit. The Office of Employment and Training advises applicants should wait until they have received the letter and instructions before trying to file a claim. To update address information, call or visit the nearest employment office.