Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri September 20, 2013
KY Transportation Cabinet Selling Surplus Equipment
Old trucks, tractors and other government surplus equipment will be up for auction next week in Frankfort. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet scheduled the sale to begin at 9 a.m. eastern time on Tuesday at the Division of Equipment complex on Wilkinson Boulevard. Interested buyers can examine the items the day before the sale.
Transportation Cabinet spokeswoman Miranda Thacker says proceeds from the sale will be used to help buy new equipment for the agency. The state routinely sells old trucks and other vehicles as surplus when wear makes them costly to maintain.