Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri September 20, 2013
KY Transportation Cabinet Selling Surplus Equipment
Old trucks, tractors and other government surplus equipment will be up for auction next week in Frankfort. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet scheduled the sale to begin at 9 a.m. eastern time on Tuesday at the Division of Equipment complex on Wilkinson Boulevard. Interested buyers can examine the items the day before the sale.
Transportation Cabinet spokeswoman Miranda Thacker says proceeds from the sale will be used to help buy new equipment for the agency. The state routinely sells old trucks and other vehicles as surplus when wear makes them costly to maintain.