Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri September 20, 2013
KY Transportation Cabinet Selling Surplus Equipment
Old trucks, tractors and other government surplus equipment will be up for auction next week in Frankfort. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet scheduled the sale to begin at 9 a.m. eastern time on Tuesday at the Division of Equipment complex on Wilkinson Boulevard. Interested buyers can examine the items the day before the sale.
Transportation Cabinet spokeswoman Miranda Thacker says proceeds from the sale will be used to help buy new equipment for the agency. The state routinely sells old trucks and other vehicles as surplus when wear makes them costly to maintain.