Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Fri September 20, 2013
KY Transportation Cabinet Selling Surplus Equipment
Old trucks, tractors and other government surplus equipment will be up for auction next week in Frankfort. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet scheduled the sale to begin at 9 a.m. eastern time on Tuesday at the Division of Equipment complex on Wilkinson Boulevard. Interested buyers can examine the items the day before the sale.
Transportation Cabinet spokeswoman Miranda Thacker says proceeds from the sale will be used to help buy new equipment for the agency. The state routinely sells old trucks and other vehicles as surplus when wear makes them costly to maintain.