Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri September 20, 2013
KY Transportation Cabinet Selling Surplus Equipment
Old trucks, tractors and other government surplus equipment will be up for auction next week in Frankfort. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet scheduled the sale to begin at 9 a.m. eastern time on Tuesday at the Division of Equipment complex on Wilkinson Boulevard. Interested buyers can examine the items the day before the sale.
Transportation Cabinet spokeswoman Miranda Thacker says proceeds from the sale will be used to help buy new equipment for the agency. The state routinely sells old trucks and other vehicles as surplus when wear makes them costly to maintain.