Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Fri October 9, 2009
KY Teens Plead Not Guilty in Beating Death
Hopkinsville, KY – Three teenagers have pleaded not guilty and a fourth has waived formal arraignment on charges that they beat 41-year-old John Wayne Kyle to death. 15-year-old Jermon Childs, 17-year-old Jeremy Danson and 16-year-old Devaunte Hampton were arraigned yesterday in Christian Circuit Court. All are charged as adults in Lyle's July 23rd death. A fourth teenager, a 15-year-old boy, waived formal arraignment after his attorney failed to show up in court. Two other men, Lacagle Kendrick Junior and Quartez J. Lynch, both 20, entered not guilty pleas Wednesday. Police say Lyle was beaten with items such as a pair of vice grips and a wooden post. Authorities found him on the ground and he died a week later at Nashville's Vanderbilt University Medical Center.