Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tax Deadlines Pushed Back
Mon April 9, 2012
KY Taxpayers Get Extra Days This Year to File
The Kentucky Department of Revenue is reminding taxpayers this year they’ll have two extra days to file their income taxes. The 2012 deadline is April 17th because of Emancipation Day, a holiday observed in the District of Columbia which falls on Monday, April 16th. By law, D.C holidays affect tax deadlines in the same way federal holidays do. All valid six month extensions filed on or before April 17th will extend the due date for filing until October 15th. Also, the IRS is postponing certain tax deadlines for those who reside or have a business in a disaster area until May 31st.