Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Thu January 24, 2013
KY Surpasses 1 Million Vehicle Mark
Automobile production in Kentucky surpassed 1 million vehicles last year for the first time since 2007, before the national economic downturn.
The Commonwealth ranked third in car production at 477,000 vehicles last year and fourth in light truck production at more than 548,000. Governor Steve Beshear's office says one in every 10 light vehicles produced in the U.S. during 2012 was made in Kentucky. The state is also home to a large network of auto suppliers. The governor's office says Kentucky has nearly 450 auto-related facilities, employing almost 75,000.