Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu January 24, 2013
KY Surpasses 1 Million Vehicle Mark
Automobile production in Kentucky surpassed 1 million vehicles last year for the first time since 2007, before the national economic downturn.
The Commonwealth ranked third in car production at 477,000 vehicles last year and fourth in light truck production at more than 548,000. Governor Steve Beshear's office says one in every 10 light vehicles produced in the U.S. during 2012 was made in Kentucky. The state is also home to a large network of auto suppliers. The governor's office says Kentucky has nearly 450 auto-related facilities, employing almost 75,000.