Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu January 24, 2013
KY Surpasses 1 Million Vehicle Mark
Automobile production in Kentucky surpassed 1 million vehicles last year for the first time since 2007, before the national economic downturn.
The Commonwealth ranked third in car production at 477,000 vehicles last year and fourth in light truck production at more than 548,000. Governor Steve Beshear's office says one in every 10 light vehicles produced in the U.S. during 2012 was made in Kentucky. The state is also home to a large network of auto suppliers. The governor's office says Kentucky has nearly 450 auto-related facilities, employing almost 75,000.