Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu January 24, 2013
KY Surpasses 1 Million Vehicle Mark
Automobile production in Kentucky surpassed 1 million vehicles last year for the first time since 2007, before the national economic downturn.
The Commonwealth ranked third in car production at 477,000 vehicles last year and fourth in light truck production at more than 548,000. Governor Steve Beshear's office says one in every 10 light vehicles produced in the U.S. during 2012 was made in Kentucky. The state is also home to a large network of auto suppliers. The governor's office says Kentucky has nearly 450 auto-related facilities, employing almost 75,000.