Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Tue September 18, 2012
KY summer reading winners promote college savings
September is College Savings Month in the Commonwealth, and the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority is observing the occasion by starting eight children on the road to college savings by opening accounts for them with initial $1,000 deposits.
The children, whose names haven’t been released, are the winners of a summer reading program sponsored by the KHEAA and the state Department for Library and Archives. They’ll be honored at a ceremony in Frankfort in the Capitol Rotunda. The libraries where the children borrowed the books will also be winners, with each receiving $500.