Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri October 26, 2012
Ky. to Stay Dry After Hurricane Sandy Hits East Coast
While the East Coast prepares for Hurricane Sandy, western Kentuckians don’t have to worry about storms on Halloween. National Weather Service Meteorologist Ryan Presley says the area will stay dry after the hurricane hits the coast.
He says, “As the hurricane storm system goes up the East Coast, that may help to reinforce the high pressure system that is moving into our region, and it may result in a prolonged period of dry conditions. Also, at least for the initial period through the weekend, the winds will also be noticeably stronger.”
Hurricane Sandy is expected to make landfall somewhere between Washington and New York City Tuesday morning.