Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University "Doing Everything They Can To Stay Open"
Tue September 18, 2012
KY state senator says international events take focus away from domestic issues
Unrest in countries around the world makes national as well as international headlines. One Kentucky lawmaker believes those events have taken some of the focus away from pressing domestic issues.
Senator Tom Buford says it seems to be the case with the federal health care law. Buford appeared on KET’s Kentucky Tonight Monday for a health care discussion. Louisville internist Barbara Casper says the health care act can help control costs through better preventative care. And you can hear more of that discussion on WKMS’ re-broadcast of Kentucky Tonight this afternoon at two.