Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Fri August 9, 2013
KY State Police Driving Academy Postponed
A Kentucky State Police driving academy for teenagers that was scheduled to start later this month in Frankfort has been postponed until April. The agency says logistical issues and circumstances out of its control caused the Drive To Stay Alive program to be moved to April 9 through 13.
Anyone who has already applied will be selected first for the April session. New applications will be accepted through March 1. Teenagers must be 16 years old or older, be a licensed driver, have good communication skills and leadership traits and have school permission to participate. State police say the course teaches skills that could save a participant's life. There's no fee for the program, but space is limited.