Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon July 9, 2012
KY State Parks celebrate 50 years
Special events are planned in the coming months at six Kentucky State Resort Park lodges. The lodges are turning 50 years old. Parks spokeswoman LaDonna Miller says the celebrations will begin next month.
"Starting with Kentucky Dam Village on August 10 and we finish with Jenny Wiley in the Prestonsburg area in October."
Other parks that still maintain lodges from a 1962 building boom are Rough River, General Butler, Lake Cumberland and Carter Caves.