Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Mon July 9, 2012
KY State Parks celebrate 50 years
Special events are planned in the coming months at six Kentucky State Resort Park lodges. The lodges are turning 50 years old. Parks spokeswoman LaDonna Miller says the celebrations will begin next month.
"Starting with Kentucky Dam Village on August 10 and we finish with Jenny Wiley in the Prestonsburg area in October."
Other parks that still maintain lodges from a 1962 building boom are Rough River, General Butler, Lake Cumberland and Carter Caves.