Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Mon July 9, 2012
KY State Parks celebrate 50 years
Special events are planned in the coming months at six Kentucky State Resort Park lodges. The lodges are turning 50 years old. Parks spokeswoman LaDonna Miller says the celebrations will begin next month.
"Starting with Kentucky Dam Village on August 10 and we finish with Jenny Wiley in the Prestonsburg area in October."
Other parks that still maintain lodges from a 1962 building boom are Rough River, General Butler, Lake Cumberland and Carter Caves.