Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Mon July 9, 2012
KY State Parks celebrate 50 years
Special events are planned in the coming months at six Kentucky State Resort Park lodges. The lodges are turning 50 years old. Parks spokeswoman LaDonna Miller says the celebrations will begin next month.
"Starting with Kentucky Dam Village on August 10 and we finish with Jenny Wiley in the Prestonsburg area in October."
Other parks that still maintain lodges from a 1962 building boom are Rough River, General Butler, Lake Cumberland and Carter Caves.