Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon July 9, 2012
KY State Parks celebrate 50 years
Special events are planned in the coming months at six Kentucky State Resort Park lodges. The lodges are turning 50 years old. Parks spokeswoman LaDonna Miller says the celebrations will begin next month.
"Starting with Kentucky Dam Village on August 10 and we finish with Jenny Wiley in the Prestonsburg area in October."
Other parks that still maintain lodges from a 1962 building boom are Rough River, General Butler, Lake Cumberland and Carter Caves.