Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Fri November 23, 2012
Ky. Senate Republican Leaders to Caucus on Next Senate President
Senate Republican leaders meet next week to caucus on Kentucky's next Senate president. The Courier-Journal reports the GOP meet Tuesday to vote on who they support in the role: Republican Sen. Robert Stivers, who has served as floor leader for the past four years, or Independent Sen. Bob Leeper, who has served as Senate budget committee chairman.
Caucus Chairman Dan Seum says Leeper's eligibility to run for the position might be challenged before the caucus Tuesday since he’s seeking to serve in a Republican role yet he’s registered as an Independent. The vote is by secret ballot, but the choice won't be officials until all senators vote during the legislative session that begins in January.