Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Fri November 23, 2012
Ky. Senate Republican Leaders to Caucus on Next Senate President
Senate Republican leaders meet next week to caucus on Kentucky's next Senate president. The Courier-Journal reports the GOP meet Tuesday to vote on who they support in the role: Republican Sen. Robert Stivers, who has served as floor leader for the past four years, or Independent Sen. Bob Leeper, who has served as Senate budget committee chairman.
Caucus Chairman Dan Seum says Leeper's eligibility to run for the position might be challenged before the caucus Tuesday since he’s seeking to serve in a Republican role yet he’s registered as an Independent. The vote is by secret ballot, but the choice won't be officials until all senators vote during the legislative session that begins in January.