Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Thu October 23, 2008
KY Senate Race Poll
By Todd Hatton
Lexington, KY – A new poll shows Republican Senate Leader Mitch McConnell slightly ahead of Democratic challenger Bruce Lunsford in their race.
The poll conducted by WKYT-TV and the Lexington Herald-Leader with the assistance of Research 2000, finds McConnell with the support of 47 percent of likely voters surveyed compared with 43 percent support for Lunsford. Ten percent are undecided. The poll has a margin of error of 4 percentage points.
McConnell's campaign declined to comment. Lunsford spokesman Cary Stemle says the campaign expects a tight race through the election.
The poll was conducted between Sunday and Tuesday and surveyed 600 likely Kentucky voters by telephone.
A poll published last month by The Courier-Journal found each candidate had the support of 41 percent of likely voters. That poll had a margin of error of 3.7 percentage points.
The two candidates are scheduled to debate today in western Kentucky.