Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Wed February 13, 2013
KY Senate OKs bill allowing Election Day liquor sales
A Prohibition-era ban on the sale of alcohol at Kentucky’s restaurants, bars and retail stores on Election Day would be lifted under legislation the Senate passed Tuesday. The measure would allow alcohol sales during the hours that polls are open. It’s will now be taken up by the House. Kentucky and South Carolina are the only two states that have such bans in place. In the past five years, similar bans have been lifted in Delaware, Idaho, Indiana, Utah and West Virginia. Similar measures filed in the Commonwealth in past years have failed.