Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed February 13, 2013
KY Senate OKs bill allowing Election Day liquor sales
A Prohibition-era ban on the sale of alcohol at Kentucky’s restaurants, bars and retail stores on Election Day would be lifted under legislation the Senate passed Tuesday. The measure would allow alcohol sales during the hours that polls are open. It’s will now be taken up by the House. Kentucky and South Carolina are the only two states that have such bans in place. In the past five years, similar bans have been lifted in Delaware, Idaho, Indiana, Utah and West Virginia. Similar measures filed in the Commonwealth in past years have failed.