Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Sat October 4, 2008
KY Senate Debate
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – US Senator Mitch McConnell has declined to debate Democratic challenger Bruce Lunsford this month on television, instead posting video of previous meetings between the two on the Internet. McConnell's campaign says the third debate October 23rd at Kentucky Dam Village will be the last one the Republican incumbent will have with Lunsford. In a statement yesterday the campaign says it asked Kentucky Educational Television to film the October 23rd debate for rebroadcast and that KET proposed a debate on October 27th. The campaign says that date conflicts with McConnell's schedule. KET Executive Director Shae Hopkins says KET told the McConnell campaign it had a "longstanding practice" of only broadcasting KET-produced forums. Hopkins says they're open to working with the campaigns on obstacles to participation.