Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue December 24, 2013
KY Sees Insurance Rush Ahead of Monday Deadline
Kentucky has seen a surge in sign-ups for Medicaid and medical insurance as Monday’s deadline approached for those who want coverage to begin next week. Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange spokeswoman Gwenda Bond says about 100,000 people have signed up, most of them on Medicaid. Bond says enrollment has gone from about 1,000 to 3,000 people a day in the past week.
More than half a million have conducted pre-screenings to determine their eligibility for discounts, government subsidies or Medicaid coverage through Kentucky's online insurance marketplace. Bond says at last count, more than 72 thousand people enrolled in Medicaid and almost 25 thousand enrolled in health insurance coverage. All but about 8,000 of those will receive premium assistance.