Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed January 30, 2013
KY Secretary of State to Take Part in Civic Index Round Table
Kentucky’s Secretary of State hosts a round table discussion Thursday morning in Murray on the Commonwealth’s civic health.
Alison Lundergan Grimes’ visit is part of a college lecture tour focusing on the Kentucky Civic Index, which her office releases annually. The Civic Index focuses on public engagement, volunteerism, literacy and voter turnout. The most recent Kentucky Civic Index showed a massive difference in voter turnout across age groups in Kentucky, with 18-24 year olds at a 19% and those 75 and older at 69%.
Additional panel members include Murray State President Randy Dunn, Dr. Bob Long, and local school district superintendents Bob Rogers and Kennith Bargo. The public discussion is at 11am tomorrow (Thursday) at the Murray State Curris Center Theater.