Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed January 30, 2013
KY Secretary of State to Take Part in Civic Index Round Table
Kentucky’s Secretary of State hosts a round table discussion Thursday morning in Murray on the Commonwealth’s civic health.
Alison Lundergan Grimes’ visit is part of a college lecture tour focusing on the Kentucky Civic Index, which her office releases annually. The Civic Index focuses on public engagement, volunteerism, literacy and voter turnout. The most recent Kentucky Civic Index showed a massive difference in voter turnout across age groups in Kentucky, with 18-24 year olds at a 19% and those 75 and older at 69%.
Additional panel members include Murray State President Randy Dunn, Dr. Bob Long, and local school district superintendents Bob Rogers and Kennith Bargo. The public discussion is at 11am tomorrow (Thursday) at the Murray State Curris Center Theater.