Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed October 15, 2008
KY Road Closed Hazmat
By Todd Hatton
Hickman, KY – An intersection in western Kentucky is open this morning after authorities closed it yesterday and evacuated nearby homes while they identified a material found in a car during a traffic stop.
Kentucky State Police Lieutenant Phil Crumpton says the stop was made early yesterday afternoon at the intersection of Kentucky 94 and 1099 in Hickman. The officer saw a possible hazardous material in the vehicle and called in a bomb squad to identify it.
Kentucky State Police say the device was later found to be non-hazardous.
Police charged the driver, 53-year-old Danny Cathey of Graves County, with first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance, third-degree possession of a controlled substance, illegal sale/possession/distribution of a prescription drug and improper registration.