Most Active Stories
- Significant Accumulations of Snow and Ice Today, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Thu August 9, 2012
Ky. Republicans Ramp Up Campaign to Take Over House
Kentucky Republicans are ramping up their campaign to take control of the state house in this year's elections.
The GOP has latched on to House Speaker Greg Stumbo's declaration that he will vote for President Barack Obama this fall.
Republicans are circulating video of the comments and asking for donations, but money isn't the main goal.
This is 100 percent about getting Greg Stumbos own words out to the public," said party spokesman Joe Burgan. "Its one thing for Greg to stand in a room of Democrats in Western Kentucky and say he supports President Obama. Its another for every Kentuckian in this commonwealth to find out where Greg stands on this issue and who he will be supporting this November.
The GOP currently controls the state senate, and taking the House is a long-held Republican goal.
A spokesman for Stumbo says the speaker was attending a funeral and couldnt be reached for comment.