Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Thu May 10, 2012
KY Republican voter registrations outpace Democrats
Far more Kentuckians have registered to vote as Republicans than Democrats over the past six months, continuing a longstanding trend. Democrats still outnumber Republicans in the state 1.6 million to 1.1 million. But Republicans added nearly 22,000 voters since last year's November general election.
Democrats added about 8,000 voters based on information released Wednesday by the secretary of state's office. People who registered with "other" parties added nearly 6,000 voters since November. Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes says nearly 3 million Kentuckians will be eligible to vote in the May 22 primary. Of those, 53 percent are women and 47 percent men.