Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Thu May 10, 2012
KY Republican voter registrations outpace Democrats
Far more Kentuckians have registered to vote as Republicans than Democrats over the past six months, continuing a longstanding trend. Democrats still outnumber Republicans in the state 1.6 million to 1.1 million. But Republicans added nearly 22,000 voters since last year's November general election.
Democrats added about 8,000 voters based on information released Wednesday by the secretary of state's office. People who registered with "other" parties added nearly 6,000 voters since November. Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes says nearly 3 million Kentuckians will be eligible to vote in the May 22 primary. Of those, 53 percent are women and 47 percent men.