Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Fri August 23, 2013
KY Reports County Jobless Rates
The Kentucky Office of Employment and Training says unemployment rates fell in 72 of the state's counties in the past year. They say the jobless rates rose in 42 counties and stayed the same in six others. The figures were released yesterday.
The report says Woodford County had the state's lowest jobless rate at 5.8% . It was followed by Fayette County at 6.4%. Harlan County had the state's highest unemployment rate at 17.2%. Next was Leslie County at 16.9 percent. Last month statewide unemployment rate was 8.5%.