Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri August 23, 2013
KY Reports County Jobless Rates
The Kentucky Office of Employment and Training says unemployment rates fell in 72 of the state's counties in the past year. They say the jobless rates rose in 42 counties and stayed the same in six others. The figures were released yesterday.
The report says Woodford County had the state's lowest jobless rate at 5.8% . It was followed by Fayette County at 6.4%. Harlan County had the state's highest unemployment rate at 17.2%. Next was Leslie County at 16.9 percent. Last month statewide unemployment rate was 8.5%.