Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
Fri August 23, 2013
KY Reports County Jobless Rates
The Kentucky Office of Employment and Training says unemployment rates fell in 72 of the state's counties in the past year. They say the jobless rates rose in 42 counties and stayed the same in six others. The figures were released yesterday.
The report says Woodford County had the state's lowest jobless rate at 5.8% . It was followed by Fayette County at 6.4%. Harlan County had the state's highest unemployment rate at 17.2%. Next was Leslie County at 16.9 percent. Last month statewide unemployment rate was 8.5%.