Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri August 23, 2013
KY Reports County Jobless Rates
The Kentucky Office of Employment and Training says unemployment rates fell in 72 of the state's counties in the past year. They say the jobless rates rose in 42 counties and stayed the same in six others. The figures were released yesterday.
The report says Woodford County had the state's lowest jobless rate at 5.8% . It was followed by Fayette County at 6.4%. Harlan County had the state's highest unemployment rate at 17.2%. Next was Leslie County at 16.9 percent. Last month statewide unemployment rate was 8.5%.