Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed July 1, 2009
KY Police Ticket Booster Seat Violators
By Todd Hatton/AP
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky police will begin ticketing drivers today if they have passengers younger than 7 not in booster seats. Kentucky State Police Capt. William Marks says violators can be fined $30. The state's booster seat law calls for children younger than seven who are between 40 and 50 inches tall to ride in booster seats. Police have been issuing courtesy warnings since the law took effect last year. Marks said that ended as of yesterday. Now violators are being handed real tickets.