Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed July 1, 2009
KY Police Ticket Booster Seat Violators
By Todd Hatton/AP
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky police will begin ticketing drivers today if they have passengers younger than 7 not in booster seats. Kentucky State Police Capt. William Marks says violators can be fined $30. The state's booster seat law calls for children younger than seven who are between 40 and 50 inches tall to ride in booster seats. Police have been issuing courtesy warnings since the law took effect last year. Marks said that ended as of yesterday. Now violators are being handed real tickets.