Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
Tue October 1, 2013
KY Parks Still Open
Kentucky tourism officials want tourists both in and outside the Commonwealth to know that they’re still open for business. Despite the federal government shutdown that closed national parks and historic sites, Kentucky’s state parks, state-funded agencies, and welcome centers are open and operating under normal business hours.
Tourism, Arts, and Heritage Cabinet spokesman Gil Lawson says travelers unsure about their destination should check in advance.