Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
Mon August 3, 2009
KY Pandemic Flu Exercise
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – The Kentucky Division of Emergency Management has initiated a statewide pandemic influenza exercise starting today and continuing through Friday. The exercise will assess the levels of preparedness of elected officials, health and emergency management agencies as well as local businesses. Murray State's emergency management team will meet this afternoon at 1:00 pm to prepare for Calloway County's exercise on Thursday.
Calloway Emergency Director Bill Call says he has planned a tabletop exercise where officials will discuss contingency plans in the event that a third of the county's emergency responders are unavailable.
Participation statewide will include full activation of emergency operation centers and simulated field activities. The National Guard will conduct some maneuvers including interviews with officials; and Kentucky Emergency Management will be testing communications systems.