Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Mon October 6, 2008
KY Online Gaming
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – Groups opposed to Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear's attempt at imposing a state law against gambling on international Web sites are gathering today before a court hearing on the matter. The Kentucky Justice and Public Safety Cabinet is trying to block access to online casinos in the state, citing a state law that bans "illegal gambling devices." Last month, the state moved to seize 141 domain names and freeze online gambling transactions.