Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu January 28, 2010
KY Microsoft Initiative
Frankfort, KY – Gov. Steve Beshear says Kentucky has joined forces with Microsoft to offer free technology training to thousands of residents. Beshear says Kentucky will receive 20-thousand vouchers for free online training and certification through the public-private initiative "Microsoft Elevate America." The governor says the first distribution of vouchers has been reserved for unemployed workers, but others will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Beshear says the program will help job seekers looking to retool their skills for higher-paying jobs and ensure the state's work force continues to meet the needs of businesses. Kentucky will be the 12th state to participate in the initiative.