Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Tue September 17, 2013
KY May Take Financial Hit On Fuel Lab Equipment
Kentucky could take a shellacking in an online auction to sell some $3 million worth of equipment from the Department of Agriculture's now-defunct fuel testing lab. Bids on laboratory and office equipment were coming in yesterday far below original purchase prices.
Danny Ford, director of the Kentucky Division of Surplus Property, said he's hopeful that bids will begin edging upward on today when the auction nears its scheduled conclusion at 2 p.m. Eastern Time. Agriculture Commissioner James Comer closed the fuel lab, saying it was a waste of money, and declared the equipment surplus so that it could be sold.