Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue September 17, 2013
KY May Take Financial Hit On Fuel Lab Equipment
Kentucky could take a shellacking in an online auction to sell some $3 million worth of equipment from the Department of Agriculture's now-defunct fuel testing lab. Bids on laboratory and office equipment were coming in yesterday far below original purchase prices.
Danny Ford, director of the Kentucky Division of Surplus Property, said he's hopeful that bids will begin edging upward on today when the auction nears its scheduled conclusion at 2 p.m. Eastern Time. Agriculture Commissioner James Comer closed the fuel lab, saying it was a waste of money, and declared the equipment surplus so that it could be sold.