Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu August 6, 2009
KY Loses Bid to Land National Battery Factory
Frankfort, KY – Governor Steve Beshear says Kentucky won't get federal funds to build a battery factory that would have employed 2,000 workers. Beshear and the state's industrial recruiters had sought the grant to help finance a $600 million facility in Hardin County to build lithium ion batteries. Beshear says only about 20 percent of applicants received grants. He said the state will continue to compete for economic development projects.