Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon November 10, 2008
KY Joins Climate Registry
By Austin Carter
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky has joined the Climate Registry, a non-profit organization that addresses climate change and global warming. The Los Angeles-based registry emphasizes voluntary state action to increase energy efficiency and reduce greenhouse gases. Governor Steve Beshear says Kentucky will work with other states to develop a reporting system for emissions, enhancing the state's ability to respond to future federal regulations. Energy and Environment Cabinet Secretary Lens Peters will represent the Commonwealth on the registry's board of directors.