Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu May 16, 2013
KY Jobless Rate Drops to 7.9% in April ‘13
The Kentucky Office of Employment and Training said the commonwealth’s April unemployment rate has fallen 0.3 percent from a year ago and has dropped a tenth of a point from March 2013.
Kentucky’s 7.9 percent rate reflects a similar trend in national numbers over the same period.
State officials attribute the slight drop to an increase in jobs and more job seekers.
Manufacturing led job gains in April at 9,500. The biggest decline came in Kentucky’s mining and logging sector. Those jobs declined by 3,400.