Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Thu May 16, 2013
KY Jobless Rate Drops to 7.9% in April ‘13
The Kentucky Office of Employment and Training said the commonwealth’s April unemployment rate has fallen 0.3 percent from a year ago and has dropped a tenth of a point from March 2013.
Kentucky’s 7.9 percent rate reflects a similar trend in national numbers over the same period.
State officials attribute the slight drop to an increase in jobs and more job seekers.
Manufacturing led job gains in April at 9,500. The biggest decline came in Kentucky’s mining and logging sector. Those jobs declined by 3,400.