Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu May 16, 2013
KY Jobless Rate Drops to 7.9% in April ‘13
The Kentucky Office of Employment and Training said the commonwealth’s April unemployment rate has fallen 0.3 percent from a year ago and has dropped a tenth of a point from March 2013.
Kentucky’s 7.9 percent rate reflects a similar trend in national numbers over the same period.
State officials attribute the slight drop to an increase in jobs and more job seekers.
Manufacturing led job gains in April at 9,500. The biggest decline came in Kentucky’s mining and logging sector. Those jobs declined by 3,400.