Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu May 16, 2013
KY Jobless Rate Drops to 7.9% in April ‘13
The Kentucky Office of Employment and Training said the commonwealth’s April unemployment rate has fallen 0.3 percent from a year ago and has dropped a tenth of a point from March 2013.
Kentucky’s 7.9 percent rate reflects a similar trend in national numbers over the same period.
State officials attribute the slight drop to an increase in jobs and more job seekers.
Manufacturing led job gains in April at 9,500. The biggest decline came in Kentucky’s mining and logging sector. Those jobs declined by 3,400.