Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Baptists Take Credit for Failure of Medical Marijuana Bills
- Murray State Renews Steve Prohm's Contract Through 2020
- Former Murray High Assistant Coach Pleads Guilty to Rape Cases
- Battle of the Bands 2015: Congratulations BIG ATOMIC!
- Study: Calloway, Lyon Counties Among the Healthiest in Kentucky
Thu May 16, 2013
KY Jobless Rate Drops to 7.9% in April ‘13
The Kentucky Office of Employment and Training said the commonwealth’s April unemployment rate has fallen 0.3 percent from a year ago and has dropped a tenth of a point from March 2013.
Kentucky’s 7.9 percent rate reflects a similar trend in national numbers over the same period.
State officials attribute the slight drop to an increase in jobs and more job seekers.
Manufacturing led job gains in April at 9,500. The biggest decline came in Kentucky’s mining and logging sector. Those jobs declined by 3,400.