Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri November 30, 2012
Ky. Hunters Set Record in Modern Gun Season
Kentucky hunters killed more deer than ever before this season. Kentucky Fish and Wildlife officials say hunters bagged close to 93,000 deer during the modern gun season, which ended Monday. That surpasses the previous record of 87,000 set in 2004.
Deer and Elk program coordinator Tina Brunjes credits the high number to good weather. Graves, Crittenden and Christian counties all made the top ten list of most deer hunted. Brunjes says the state encourages hunting to help control the deer population, estimated to be close to one million.